Friday, August 24, 2012

A Yummy Summer Dessert

It is still summer. For at least another month! It might start cooling down in September in other parts of the country, but here in the south it will be hot as hades for at least another month. At least.

So there is still time to make and enjoy this yummy summer dessert full of juicy, ripe goodness. Do it. You won't be sorry!

As soon as I smelled the sweet aroma of this cobbler baking in the oven, I knew- just knew- that it would be divine. It most definitely was. We devoured this baby in no time and I'm seriously considering making it again this weekend. So wholesome; so delicious. Mhmmm...


Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
The recipe can be found here at Fitness Magazine's website. Because I used healthier options for every ingredient, I'm just going to share my substitutes with you. If you prefer white sugars and flours in general or are craving them today in particular, feel free to use the original. It is still very low in calories and I'm sure it would still taste fabulous!

Here is a list of the original ingredients that I subbed, paired up with my healthier ingredients:

unsalted butter---->  Earth Balance soy-free
canola oil ---->  coconut oil
reduced-fat milk ----> unsweetened vanilla almond milk
sugar ----> coconut sugar

I think substituting spelt for the whole wheat flour would work out well. Unfortunately, I only have whole wheat in the house right now, so whole wheat is what I used!

The perfect summer dessert!

Serve up a generous portion with your favorite non-dairy ice cream and savor the last days of summer!

<3 K.E.



No comments:

Post a Comment