Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Week in Workouts

Happy Hump Day!

I know I should be happy it is Wednesday, but in reality I wish it was Friday already. That isn't so surprising because, if I'm being totally honest, I was ready for it to be Friday as soon as Sunday night rolled around. I suppose that is the tell-tale sign of job burn-out, huh? That isn't surprising either... *sigh*

Let's back up and make this a more positive post, shall we?

Happy Hump Day! Aren't you thrilled the week is halfway completed! Woot! Woot!  (How's that? ;) )

I'm going to flirt with the possibility of using my blog as a workout diary of sorts. I feel as if it is already somewhat of a diary because I only write posts when I feel like it and I usually write them as if I were writing to myself or an imaginary pen pal. So, to help myself over the hump day (only 1 hour left!)- and hopefully help my lone reader out there as well!-here is a recap of my latest workouts:

S- I normally try to fit in a Power Yoga class on Saturday mornings right after the farmer's market...however, this Saturday I was more inclined to chill a little longer in bed with my handsome husband and then draw the farmer's market trip out a little more by grabbing coffee with my sister. Gotta love that kind of Saturday morning! That meant Sunday morning I was desperately missing my Power Yoga. I knew I had a looooong run (Hello, 7 miles!) scheduled, but decided I could abso-freaking-lutely handle a 1.5-hour Power Yoga class AND a 7-mile run. Yeah. I was that girl on Sunday. Needless to say, my yoga practice was so amazing. I felt really strong and finally was able to hold Crow pose. Yep. After years of yoga practice, I did Crow on Sunday! Whoop! Whoop! I was ridiculously fired up after that practice and tackled my run a few hours later after eating peanut butter and carob chips as a quick snack...let's just say I learned a big lesson that day. Peanut butter and carob chips don't get along well with my running stomach. Yikes! Other than stomach issues throughout my entire run, I felt very strong and capable the entire time. Seven, strong miles and 90 minutes of Power Yoga turned out to be a wonderful way to start the week!

M- HIIT Challenge for 30 minutes! My entire body was sore from yoga so I went easy today (following the calendar I created for August) and did HIIT on the recumbent bike. I wanted to do it on the elliptical, but some chick beat me to it and I didn't want to come back later. I felt pretty good and I could have pushed harder, but my legs were thankful for a break, albeit small.

T- Total body strength training (I think the routine took about 30 minutes, check it out here.) followed by a desperate attempt to make it to the voting booth before 7pm (made it with eight minutes to spare!) and then a 4-mile easy run at a 10:11 pace. In between voting and running, I made my starving husband dinner- my famous grilled BBQ chicken drummettes. Sure to please. :)

W-  Off Day to celebrate my sister's birthday!

T- I have another easy run planned for Thursday, 3 miles at a 10:43 pace. I might try to squeeze in a class at the YMCA, but I'm not sure what they have available or if I'll even feel like it then. There is also a chance I may combine Thursday's and Friday's workouts. We'll see.

F-  Another total body strength workout + Tabata!

S- Power Yoga!

So there you have it. It isn't anything fancy and I could do a lot more, but it's what I've been doing this month. I'm training for a 15k the end of September and the farthest I had ever run prior to this training was 6.2 miles. Sunday's 7 miler was only my second time running 7 miles straight. I am proud of my hard work and I hope that my dedication to training translates into a great race! *fingers crossed*

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment