Sunday, May 06, 2012

Beach Trumps Run Any Day

Good morning, folks! 

Today is supposed to be my last long run before the race next weekend- instead I am going to the beach. I have mixed thoughts about this:

1. It was my idea and I am super excited about having a day to soak up the sun with my husband and family.

2. I didn't really think about fitting in my run until after we made all the plans and it was too late to change them.

3. Maybe I will just designate tomorrow morning as a pseudo-Sunday for my 5.5 miles? What do you think?

My mom is providing a scrumptious lunch of my favorite chicken salad (same recipe that she made for my bridal shower), veggies to munch on, and-hopefully- carrot cake cupcakes made with ingredients I can actually eat! YUM! My contribution was originally going to be the best peanut butter bars ever, but I've been pigging out like mad since Friday night and when I heard she was going to make cupcakes I thought I'd better pass on the Peanut Butter bars or I'd be walking around with a 9-month food baby all day- not attractive in a swimsuit let me tell you. Instead, I whipped up a batch of these beauties from Eating Bird Food

Instagram again...one of these days I will pull out my DSLR...just not today ;)

Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups. No flour, no sugar (sweetened with Stevia and banana) they were super easy to whip up and are the perfect easy breakfast to bring to the beach. I wish they were slightly sweeter, but that is probably because of my 36 hour sugar binge, because nothing is sweet enough right now. I also have a sugar hang-over headache and I am very much reminded why I never eat cane sugar and I eat other sweeteners in moderation. Oy vey! ;)

And what weekend morning is complete without coffee? This mug is full of Caribou medium roast (the giant k-cup pack from Costco!), 365 unsweetened almond milk, NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia, and topped with a dash of cinnamon. Heaven in a cup.  (Also in the best mug ever- a souvenir from my hubby's trip to San Diego. He's the best.)


Happy Sunday!

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment