Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Challenges

Happy Friday!

I just wanted to introduce you all to a few different challenges going on right now around the blog world. I've decided to jump on board to as a way to start my summer off on the right foot. I love challenging myself to live healthier each day!

Oh She Glow's June Salad-a-day Challenge. It's a great way to get in your leafy green veggies! I've been fairly consistent, eating my salad every day for lunch for the last two weeks (minus yesterday). I thought it would be more difficult, but I've actually really enjoyed it. A big salad is very refreshing in the middle of a steamy summer day!

The other challenge is Sweet Tooth Sweet Life's June Yoga Challenge. As you know, I've been trying to fit in yoga for a while. It seems like no matter how hard I try, yoga just keeps falling to the back burner because of one thing or the other. So when I heard about the June Yoga Challenge, I thought I would give it a shot.

Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Goal:
  • Do yoga once a week. 
Actual:
  • Day 1- 60 minutes, Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior. (This has to be my favorite yoga DVD.)
I felt peaceful and relaxed after my practice. I also was thrilled that I actually fit yoga in this week! WOOHOO! Did I mention my upper body is still sore and I did yoga Wednesday? Yep, It was that intense.

Moving onto the last thing I wanted to share with you today, the Fitnessista's Summer Shape Up! I've been a huge fan of her blog after discovering it last fall so you can imagine how excited I was when I found out that Gina puts together a Summer Shape Up program for her readers! It is a combination of weekly meal plans and workouts designed by the Fitnessista- it is like free online personal training, just without the personalization! I'm loving the workouts. One less thing I have to plan! I haven't really tried out the meal plan. My food sensitivities and allergies can make mealtime a little complicated so I'm opting to just follow healthy eating strategies and focus on mindful eating during the Shape Up. I will mention that the meal plans look FABULOUS though!

My summer is definitely going to be a healthy, fun-filled one which is just the way I like it!

Do you have any awesome summer plans?

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment