Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

I haven't been blogging lately because I haven't felt like I really had anything to say. And because I have been busy living! I'm finding a routine that I actually like and it doesn't leave much time for the blog. I'm not planning to give it up completely or anything like that, but I also am not planning to interrupt my life either. We'll just have to try this out and see how it goes.

I'm feeling random (what's new, right?) and thought I would share a few of my favorite things of the moment with you.

1. For my birthday, my wonderful husband gave me a Clarisonic Mia! He knew I'd been dying to try it out because I'd heard and read so many good things about it. My face is fairly sensitive so I'm always a little leery of trying anything new, but this little gadget blew me out of the water. I highly recommend it. It's gentle yet it deep cleans, it feels like a massage, it is simple to use and only takes a minute of your time, and last, but definitely not least, my skin is glowing and more vibrant than it has ever been. And I love it. L.O.V.E it. :)


2. I am in love (once again) with the ooey gooey stuff we know and love from our childhood, peanut butter. I will eat it on anything, at any time, any where. It is especially magnificent on Overnight Oats. Oh, and I had to try out PB Fingers' recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Cookies because they sounded like a cookie form of Overnight Oats. They didn't taste anything like Overnight Oats, but they were still delicious. I modified the recipe a bit to make it healthier and compatible with my food intolerances- I subbed spelt flour for the wheat flour, coconut sugar for the brown sugar, and olive oil for the canola oil (only because I didn't have any canola oil). They turned out perfectly- chewy and moist. My mom and baby sister agreed!


3. Speaking of Overnight Oats, they are my favorite breakfast of the moment. I actually branched out and ate some as a pre-yoga snack last week. Delish!


4. I don't have a photo to illustrate this one (although you can look at any of my recent posts to see it). But I'm a wee bit obsessed with Instagram. Ever since I discovered it, I've been using it for all of the blog photos. Not very professional I know, but it means you actually have illustrations to go with my chatter and it is sooo easy to use. Win-win in my opinion.

5.Our George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill! We bought it a few weeks ago and are absolutely loving it! It sits on our balcony and beckons to me, reminding me that despite it being 96 degrees Fahrenheit there are still wonderful things about summer and grilling is one of them! I've also discovered that I love grilled corn on the cob. I sprinkle the corn with chili powder and then put it straight on the grill. YUM! The hubby loves it too in case you were wondering!

So there you have it. Five favorite things of the moment. I'm sure there are many more, but I can always save them for another day. Toodles!

<3 K.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment