Monday, February 06, 2012

Running Away

I hope you all enjoyed the Super Bowl last night! It was quite the game, wasn't it?! And WOO HOO for those Giants! :D


We managed to keep it clean at our house- buffalo chicken wings from Whole Foods (sooo delicious and only $10 for a bucket!) and giant salads. I made my salad extra amazing by adding sliced avocado, sunflower seeds, broccoli sprouts, and sweet peppers. It was so divine that I made another one for lunch today.


Prior to the game, I managed to get in a little run....4.43 miles! My longest run in at least six months. The last few months of wedding planning had my entire life off-kilter. There just weren't enough hours in the day and exercise fell to the wayside. I would run once a week or so just to keep the weight off, but I just couldn't get a schedule going. It has taken a lot of time and effort since the wedding to schedule in time to run, but it has been so worth it. It felt so good to just let go last night and run for miles. Running is a great stress reducer for me. Being alone with my body and my thoughts always helps to put the chaos of the day/week in perspective. My job is high-stress and it is easy to lose sight of the big picture so running is truly a god-send for me...at least when I make the time to do it! I love realizing that no matter how important others think their issues, concerns, or drama are, they usually aren't and they don't deserve my energy, frustration, or concern.


Now that I've officially started running again, I remember how much I love it. Granted, it takes a lot of physical exertion and there are days where I hate it, but those days are rare and slowly start to disappear the more I run.


Last year I ran a 10k and loved every minute of it. I've decided I want to run another one this year and start planning for a half marathon at some point within the next two years-I just want to make sure my body is ready for it. I haven't chosen which 10k I'll run yet, but it will be sometime this spring if all goes well. I'll keep you posted!


In the meantime, check out the blog, NHERSHOES, today for a delicious and summery smoothie recipe created by me! Bon appetit!


<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment