Friday, February 03, 2012

My new workout buddy...

I can't believe it has been an entire week since I last wrote a post for this blog. I guess I've been kind of busy or something. :) In all honesty, this was one of those weeks. You know, the ones where you feel like you have a million things to do which overwhelms you so you just sit on your bum and do nothing? Yeah, that kind. So after four days of skipping my workouts, I finally got off my bum and ran a 5k last night. I guess that was the inspiration I needed to get going- just in time for the weekend!


Last week was an amazing week of being on the ball with my workouts and making healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner EVERY DAY. Maybe I was an overachiever, but come Monday morning I was completely worn out and exhausted- hence the four days lacking in productivity. Hopefully, I can find a balance between all or nothing that I am able to repeat on a continuous basis. I think a little more planning on the weekend will make all the difference. I'll let you know...


Part of why last week's workouts were so amazing is due to my new workout buddy- the Nike Training Club App. I've already shared this with a few of you, but just to recap, here are the details again. It is a free App that you can download to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.


It is divided into different types of workouts- Get Lean, Get Toned, Get Strong, & Get Focused.
You can choose Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced within each of these four types of workouts. The Beginner workouts are INTENSE. So unless you are a workout guru who is doing HIIT, do yourself a favor and at least try a beginner workout before you jump into a more challenging one and decide I'm insane for recommending this App!

Here is an example of what the screen looks like as you complete a workout:
The App counts down for you and each workout is performed for a designated length of time. If you aren't sure how to do a specific exercise, you can review photos of it prior to beginning your workout or watch a video of the exercise being performed during the workout by tapping the play button on the screen above.


NTC tracks your progress and rewards you for completing workouts. The rewards are anywhere from celebrity bonus workouts to smoothie recipes. Seeing how many minutes you've worked out and how far you have progressed is a great motivator. Nike's tag line for this App is: "Your personal trainer, anytime, anywhere." And that is so true.


Try it out for a few weeks and see if you love it as much as I do. Within a week of using the "Get Toned" workouts I saw muscle definition in my arms and they were seriously firm. It was amazing! I can't wait to do another workout tonight. It will kick my butt and I will love every minute of it!

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment