Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday! Monday is finally over and that means the weekend is one day closer! YAY!

On Saturday, I bought two-weeks worth of groceries (produce not included).  As part of this grand scheme of mine, I also created a rough, two-week meal plan. Costco has great prices on organic meats such as ground beef, chicken breasts/thighs, and whole chickens. However, like all things from Costco they come in LARGE packages! It took some fancy freezer rearranging, but everything now fits. :D

Last night I made the package of whole chickens. One was roasted for dinner and the other was stewed, poached, whatever you call it on the stove for future meals (i.e., Black Bean Tostadas from the cookbook, Simply Sugar and Gluten Free; chicken salad, etc.). It took a loooong time to make, but it will be so worth it next week when I am able to put delicious dinners on the table in a matter of minutes.

Our dinner was delish- Herb-Roasted Chicken, butternut squash, and sauteed kale. The Roasted Chicken was extremely juicy thanks to roasting with a lemon nestled inside! And we have leftovers galore for lunches and meal re-dos.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share because, quite frankly, I was too exhausted after 4 hours in the kitchen to bother taking any.  I will leave you with a recipe for sauteed kale. It isn't the most amazing dish, but it is amazingly healthy and if you have trouble eating your greens, this is one way to make them more tasty. I may have said this before, but kale is also great to detox your body-perfect for me because I am now eating clean and back on a workout schedule! I promise a post in the near future on my workout plan-I'm already seeing muscle definition and that is the biggest motivator!

Sauteed Kale

Ingredients:
1 Tbs olive oil
1 bunch kale
1 sweet onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced (I think I used 2-3, but adjust depending on your love of garlic)
salt to taste

Directions:
Saute onion and garlic. Once cooked, add kale and saute until the green are tender. It took about 10-15 minutes on my stove. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.




<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment