Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013

Welcome, welcome 2013! I have a feeling that this year holds a lot of new adventures for my little family and will be a spectacular year.  I love the excitement that I feel when a new year dawns. The air is full of so much promise- I'm making resolutions, visualizing dreams, enjoying time with loved ones. It is fresh and new and no one has ever ventured into this year before. It is an untamed land full of adventure, romance, and mystery.

A new year is truly a bittersweet moment. As I'm welcoming a brand new year, I'm also letting go of the old one. Saying goodbye to a year that holds such sweet memories and heartaches. In 2012, I learned to let go of what others want from me and instead to focus on what is good for me, what brings me life. I learned to open myself to new experiences, to new favorites, to new (or simply rediscovered) hobbies. I also celebrated my first wedding anniversary. 2012 was a full, wonderful year. It is hard to say goodbye to such a dear friend.

I've been giving a lot of thought to what I want out of this year and the main thing is joy. I want to focus on the good things and learn to put the bad into perspective. Taking a hint from a few other bloggers, I decided to choose a word to embody 2013. My word of the year is positivity. I want to be a positive person. No more Debbie Downer! Move over glass half empty! This year is all about my blessings!

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment