Thursday, November 01, 2012

Healthy November Goals

Happy Fall! Happy first day of November! (<---crazy, right?!)

I have unapologetically dived head first into fall this year. It all began Labor Day Weekend with a pumpkin spice latte from Whole Foods. No lie. I've been transitioning into fall mode for two months now. This could be considered insane considering our first cold day came this Tuesday- it was in the 50s when I left for work!!!  We even had a cold Halloween which was such a treat. Last year we were in shorts. No lie. Unfortunately, September marked a month of fitness grumpies: I didn't want to work out, I was tired of my runs, hungry all the time from increased mileage, and celebrating fall flavors. All that combined did not lead to weight loss, let me tell ya! I did most of my workouts, but my eating was out of control. I planned to start over again on October 1st....but never really got going. So I'm starting over today, November 1st. Trying to drag myself back on the healthy bandwagon. Admittedly, I didn't completely fall off it- just started sliding down the back. ;)

September and October were still  wonderful and thoroughly enjoyed months, however. And I exercised and ran A LOT, despite what my first paragraph may lead you to believe. I want November to be even more awesome. And here are my Healthy November Goals to help me make it a month of wellness:

1. Run 80 miles-- I've signed up for Pile on the Miles. It looks like a fun way to stay motivated. Go check it out! I didn't realize it at the time, but 80 miles may be a little over enthusiastic considering in October I ran a whopping 38 miles...*fingers crossed*

2. Practice yoga at least once a week-- yes, I am a broken record with this goal. I did better in October- 2/4. Not too shabby, but definitely leaves room for improvement!

3. Detox from sugar. This will be terribly difficult and is very self-explanatory.

4. Make time for myself by doing something fun with those I love (or by myself!) at least once a week.

5. Practice mental health by not stressing over missed deadlines, unmet goals, or anything else. ;)

Fall is my favorite time of year and I want to soak it all in!

<3 K.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment